Vintage Sunwear Inspirations9:06 AM
What goes around comes around, right? Fashion has been recycling inspirations since the dawn of the fashion industry, and the same hold trues for eyewear trends. Here's a look at new and old sunwear in one of this summer's hottest trends: Summer Stripes.
- Stripes have become a summer staple, and this year has been no exception. In addition to traditional nautical (Banana Republic below), we are seeing a lot of tropical color combinations (Marc Jacobs below):
|Marc Jacobs with a tropical twist on stripes|
- It's hard to believe that the cover shoot below is circa 1954! Those cat-eye sunglasses in bold patterned stripes are a stylist must-have for summer 2011.
- Bold nautical stripes are still all the rage:
|Dolce and Gabbana|
- Gucci also offers a more subdued tortoise stripe that will transition well even into fall
- And don't forget you can always buy vintage on sites like Etsy, where I found the great striped sunglasses below!